Monday, October 6, 2008

My Matthew

You would be 8 years old today. I thought about you all day, but especially at 2:10PM. I wish I could have had the last 8 years with you here on earth, but God had other plans. The doctors told me I would never have a child naturally and so when I got pregnant for the first time with you we proved all the doctors wrong. You were our first miracle boy. From your birth and death I have learned many things. I have learned about God's grace and love for me at a time when I thought my world could just end. I have learned what it really means to trust God with everything. I have also learned that God has the ultimate plan and it is always in His time. I learned through this life changing experience what a wonderful husband God gave me. He walked beside me and never left me, never questioned, never pushed, and was strong when I was weak. He was my rock, but still my soft place to fall . After having your brothers and the lights they are in my life, I now see the whole picture that God had intended all along. I do miss you dearly, but know now that God needed you more. You are talked about and remembered often. You are our angel and we love you. You were a gift from God and we will never forget you.
I love you,
Mommy
"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD."
1 Samuel 1:27-28

6 comments:

Abigail said...

Oh Amy, this is so touching. Thank you for opening your heart and letting us get a touch of your sweet boy.

Melodie said...

it still puts an ache in my heart as i remember how that time literally shook me to my core. and i know you and Daniel felt it far more than i can even imagine. love you!

Phyllis said...

What sorrow I felt that day. I have never hurt so deeply for someone as I did you and Daniel that day. But as I watched you and Daniel deal with the sorrow it encouraged me to grow in the Lord. You continue to inspire me in your walk with the Lord. What joy to know that one day we will your little angel in Heaven.
Love you!

Amanda said...

That is...beautiful. I was blessed to walk that difficult journey with you. It brought us together in a way we hadn't been before. I remember being so thankful that we all knew the Lord. I'm not sure how we could've made it without his sustaining peace. I love you and am so proud to call you my sister!

Jonna Wilson said...

Oh my goodness! I haven't checked the blogs (And you don't think you're good at blogging!)

Bless your heart! Praise God He gets us through difficult times in our lives! I can't imagine a life without Him!

Jessica Rolf said...

beautiful...